Academics at Rutgers Prep reflect the dynamic balance between traditional “reading, ‘riting and ‘rithmetic,” and the cutting edge, which at RPS includes “Advanced Student Research in Molecular Biology.” Familiar manipulatives are juxtaposed with the latest computer technology. Students experience learning in the classrooms, outdoors on our thirty-five acre campus bordering the Raritan River, on field trips, and through their daily interactions with teachers and classmates.
Our commitment to educating the whole child includes:
- Second language instruction beginning in Junior Kindergarten
- Music and art instruction commencing in Pre-Kindergarten
- Lower School students learning Powerpoint in Grade 3
- Middle Schoolers undertaking a yearlong multi-disciplinary study of the Middle Ages, culminating with the Medieval banquet at the end of the year
- Over 100 elective options in the Upper School, and if these are not sufficient to satisfy a student’s intellectual curiosity, he or she may propose a course of Independent Study under the guidance of a knowledgeable faculty member
Click on the headings for “Lower School,” “Middle School,” or “Upper School” to explore the academic and extracurricular lives of our students more fully.