END OF YEAR COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES!!
ALL ARE OUTSIDE RPS OPPORTUNITIES
• Sat., April 27: Sandy Hook Beach Sweep — (AM; 3 HOURS) LOTS of volunteers needed to walk along the beach and clean up. Listen to announcements to see if transportation will be available.
• Sat. April 27: NJ Folk festival — (10:30am—6pm) (New Brunswick) Volunteers needed for different 2- or 4-hour shifts, working at the RPS children’s activities tent. YOU NEED TO FILL OUT out a volunteer form ONLINE
• Tour de Franklin — bike race to raise money for Franklin Foodbank (Somerset)
Saturday, April 27, 6pm to 9pm; Volunteers needed to set up
Sunday, April 28, THREE shifts available during the day (general help, cleanup): sign up on Mrs. Gooen’s Window
• Sat. April 27: Hugs for Brady 5k Race (South Brunswick)—3pm—7pm fundraiser to support children with cancer—see Mrs. Gooen’s window or bulletin board for details
• NEW: Coupon clipping in the Library to support US military families serving overseas. (You MUST sign up for a full-period study hall OR an hour after school, and must clean up afterward!)
DEADLINE: all 10 hours of service completed/all forms signed & handed in: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
- UPPER SCHOOL COMMUNITY SERVICE 2011-2012:
- TOTAL # SERVICE HOURS: 14,300
- AVG. # HRS/STUDENT: 41
- # HONORS LEVEL STUDENTS: 110
- % HONORS STUDENTS: 31%
THANKS, RUTGERS PREP!!
"We need your service, right now, in this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; and if you do stand up, I promise you that your life will be richer, and our country will be stronger."
- President Barack Obama
Questions? Contact Mr. Bartlett: firstname.lastname@example.org