IF WE TEACH TODAY THE WAY WE WERE TAUGHT YESTERDAY, WE AREN'T PREPARING STUDENTS FOR TODAY OR TOMORROW.
Whether it's in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, or Reality Reality, Rutgers Prep is dedicated to providing students and faculty a fully integrated array of digital resources to encourage learning and to enhance teaching. Members of the faculty take great advantage of Virtual Reality headsets, Augmented Reality apps, MakerBot 3D-Printers, iPads, and laptop computers to extend collaboration in the classroom. In addition, every classroom, from Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade, is equipped with projectors and Apple TVs, which allow our faculty to share digital resources with their students. Whether it is a digital presentation or an interactive exercise, instruction and learning are enhanced by this integration of digital and projection technology.
Tech by the Numbers:
- 20 iPads and 10 laptops for use by Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten students
- 1-to-1 Chromebooks in Grades 1-5 (this helps our youngest learners get comfortable with Google Apps - Drive, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- 60 iPads in classroom sets for students in grades 1-8
- 1-to-1 iPads in grades 9-12
- Tech Lounge: 1 MakerBot 3-D Printer, 1 HTC Vive Virtual Reality Machine, 20 Virtual Reality headsets (Google Pixel devices)
- Design Lab: 16 Mac Desktop computers with Adobe creative software and other photo/design tools
- MakerSpace: 1 MakerBot 3-D Printer
- Photo Studio: 16 Mac desktop computer with photo editing software.
- Computer Lab: 20 Mac desktops for grades Pre-K through 12