Effective Date: 8/1/19
What Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect Personal Information you may provide to us, including your name, contact information, email address, and other information you may provide.
We use the Personal Information you provide to us to:
- Provide you with personalized service;
- Operate this website and understand its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- Manage and process inquiries, enrollment, donations and other interactions with you;
- Send you information you have requested such as newsletters, news, and other information regarding Rutgers Prep.
With whom do we share your Personal Information?
We share your Personal Information with our service providers who facilitate the purposes described above. We disclose information to third parties who provide us with various business, educational, marketing and technical services, including monitoring and maintaining the website, for example.
We may also disclose Personal Information we collect to legal counsel, law enforcement, and other appropriate authorities in special cases, including: (i) when we have a reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring a legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights and property or those of any other person; or (ii) when we believe that it is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
Cookies and similar technologies that Collect Personal Information
Our website may use a technology known as web beacons that allows the collection of web log information. A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an e-mail message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit one of our website by the computer that hosts our website (called a "webserver").
On certain web pages or in emails we send to you, we may utilize a technology called a “web beacon” (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology”). We may use web beacons to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon. Web beacons also help analyze the effectiveness of the website by measuring the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
Do Not Track
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our website does not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
This information is used to administer and update the website, and we will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
First-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) will be used to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to this site.
A. Opt-Out Provision:
Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their Information to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
B. Google's Use of Information:
Children’s Personal Information
Our website is intended for users of all ages, including prospective or current students who may be under the age of 13. We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to Personal Information we may collect from children on our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. When we intend to collect Personal Information about children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We use industry-standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and destruction. We restrict access to your Personal Information to only those employees and third parties acting on our behalf who have a legitimate business need for such access. We will only transfer your Personal Information to third parties acting on our behalf where we have received written assurances that your Personal Information will be protected in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice and our privacy policies and procedures.
Links to Third Party Websites
As a convenience to our visitors, this website may contain links to other sites owned and operated by third parties that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those sites. We are not responsible for the collection or use of Personal Information by or on any third-party sites. Therefore, we disclaim any liability for any third party's use of Personal Information obtained through using the third-party web site. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, Information collection, and distribution policies.
How do you contact us if you have any questions or concerns?
Please contact the Rutgers Prep using the below information to:
- Ask questions;
- File a concern or complaint;
- Opt-out of a program or service; and/or
- To exercise any of your rights listed above, including access, correction, portability, objection, restriction, and erasure.
1345 Easton Ave
Email Address: email@example.com
Transparency in Coverage Compliance
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here to view.