Summer School at Rutgers Prep
Thank you for your interest in Summer School at Rutgers Prep. Unfortunately, registration for the 2023 summer session is now closed. Please check back in mid-February for registration for 2024 summer programs.
Academic Summer School General Information
Please read the following carefully before you register.
If further assistance is needed, please email Meredith Santowasso at email@example.com.
- In the past few years, many classes have closed due to over enrollment. We therefore encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid being turned away.
- If your child has an IEP at their current school, please contact us BEFORE you register for class so that we may discuss accommodations that we are able to provide.
- ALL summer school classes are in person on our Somerset campus UNLESS specifically noted as online.
- All students have a 30 minute break between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Grades 3-8)/10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (Grades 9-12). Students are encouraged to bring food to eat during this time. Snack foods and drinks will be sold on campus beginning June 26 through July 28 for our high school age children only, younger students will NOT have permission to enter the Dining Commons to purchase food while in classes. Students are not permitted to leave campus at this time.
All class registrations end June 18, 2023 (or when class is at capacity).
All classes begin Monday, June 26, 2023.
All classes end Friday, July 28, 2023.
We will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
- Mid-session reports will be sent home with the student on Friday, July 14, 2023.
- Final reports will be emailed to families and mailed via USPS to schools by Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
- Report cards will not be mailed to schools unless Credit Course Permission Form has been completed by your sending school. This form is a part of the registration process found online as well as on our website in the course descriptions.
Refunds and Cancellations
Our refund policy is as follows:
- If student withdraws on or before June 1, all but $200 will be refunded.
- If student withdraws on or before June 10, 50% of tuition will be refunded.
- If student withdraws after June 15, 0% of tuition will be refunded.
Upper School Course Information
Summer session is an intensive time during which an entire school year’s course is taught in only 5 weeks. Whether a student is taking the class for credit or enrichment, they should be highly motivated and willing to exert the effort required. Before choosing to enroll in an Upper School course, please be aware that the pace is extremely fast, as the 5 weeks of instruction are intended to replace an entire regular school year’s work. Teachers usually complete about a chapter a day. All required books will be included in your registration. Please be sure to pack lunch/snacks as breaks will be given throughout each class.
You can expect about 2-3 hours of homework a night, as well as multiple tests per week. Students need to be able to commit fully to the class expectations. Students who withdraw early because they find the class too easy or too difficult will not have their tuition refunded. Students whose behavior is deemed distracting or detrimental to the class will be asked to leave without any remission of tuition.
Advanced credit math classes require a minimum total of 120 hours of classroom instruction. Advanced credit science classes require a total of 140 hours. Students taking the course for credit (not enrichment) may miss no more than 1 day of class, and the hours missed must be made up, after school, before the end of the summer session. Students are expected to be on time for class. Time missed due to lateness must also be made up. A student who leaves a course before the Final Exam date, for any reason, will NOT be given the exam on an alternate date.
Please check with your child’s current teacher or guidance counselor to ensure that you are enrolling them in the proper course. If you are taking a course for credit, you must have your Credit Course Permission Form signed by your principal or guidance counselor or submit a completed Option II Form from your child's school counselor. It is each family’s responsibility to receive proper permission from their district for credit courses.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend any class for any reason. These decisions will be made at least 2 weeks before the start of the session and you will be notified via email.